Devlin


BREATHE    IN

I don't know if this belongs here, but there's something to be said for devlin (and not just deviling eggs, mind you). Just in case this doesn't belong here, I'll put it elsewhere too. So many you will find it and be amused.



BREATH    OUT

Sometimes I really have no idea why I become obsessed with someone I've never met. It happens with singers all the time. From Pink Floyd and The Beatles to Elton John (with Bernie, especially) and Barbara Streisand to Melanie and Melissa Etheridge to Billy Joel and Lori Carlson to Emma Blackery and Janet Devlin to Judy Garland and Andy Williams to Stevi Nicks and Michael Crawford to Linda Ronstadt and Dan Fogelberg to Brandi Carlisle and Jackson Brown to Justin Hayward and John Lodge to John Denver and so many others, zany I am. I used to respond to SPAM, remember? Not just singers, though, right Sarah Silverman? Still some songs reach so deep into me. Did I neglect to mention Elvis? Or John Lennon, for that matter.

Of course I am teasing, Harry Chapin tops them all.

Listening to Janet Devlin (yes, Janet Devlin, you?), tonight and I sense she may experience songs as I used to, swallowed whole by the emotion only to come back out after the song gleeful to have experienced it so completely, no matter the song. Song are so amazing when you let them swallow you whole, especially as you gasp for breath while singing them. I have yet to see her lay into one without careful articulation and emotional control. Professionalism, but I wonder where her limits lie.

So let's look as some random Devlin with attitude, why don't we.

And then I heard this right here and wrote this right there:

I understand now more literally what I see that keeps e coming back. Empathy can seem like a burden, but I would not trade it for anything. It can be so challenging feeling the human condition and feeling the planet at this point in time, but I've tried numbing myself to my senses and awareness and that is a bad trip. So I write it. The words release the pain and set me free. You may now the daily cycle too. Celebrate your empathy and you may come to understand that the world may call it depression, but feeling it all is a blessing. I celebrate the pain, the sadness, the sensual visceral awareness of the state of the world because feeling it all is what life is about and somehow, in the end, I find myself simply amused, gleeful, euphoric.

If I am rationalizing, shhhh, it works for me ;)


The world is so sad sometimes...

The limited definition of love and the fear of sexuality is one more sad aspect of humanity at this point in time. Dan Fogelberg's 'Part of the Plan' plays in my mind. May you learn to keep other people's fears and limits, no matter who they are, out of your head and accept yourself as you are in every way. Applause for your honesty. Hug for your vulnerability. Patience for your journey. Love for your love.?


Love the vulnerabiity she exudes. All we need is love (all together now) love, love, love (love is all we need).

I just had to say...

OMG... I've heard this so many times... was it just in my head? Such deep sadness and yet... If I could explain why Iaugh a most peaceful genuine content laugh in a few words, I would, but suffice to say oh wow, thank you, and shared understanding is such a comforting experience, even on the internet. My lifetime euphoria is believing it all turns out amazing in the end, even if we'll never know, even if it doesn't matter, may you find some hope, peace, and euphoric joy in knowing and remembering that we only go down so that we can go up again :)

Comments

Popular Posts